K-Shop Terms and Conditions
We want you to fully understand your rights and obligations when you make a purchase from us. Please read the following terms and conditions before you complete your order, either online or otherwise.
1. The following terms and conditions apply to purchases made via the David Skyrme Associates K-Shop, either directly online or via an off-line order from accompanied by payment. They apply to purchased physical goods (books, reports, publications) and downloadable files.
2. The contract is between David Skyrme Associates Limited (the Seller) and the person or organization named on the credit card or cheque used for payment (the Buyer).
3. For contractual purposes the point of sale is deemed to be England, and the date and time of sale, that when the order has been received and confirmed, either at the completion of an online transaction (confirmation of acceptance of payment), or via an email, letter or fax from us following receipt of your posted order and payment. This contract shall be governed by English Law under the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Pricing and Payment
4. The prices are those held on the product database file which processes orders. In the event of any discrepancy between promotional pages for goods and the database file, or any unauthorized tampering with information on these pages or the server-based product database, the master database file held at the trading premises of The Seller shall prevail. Any transaction conducted at an incorrect price will be deemed null and void and The Buyer advised within 14 days via email.
5. All goods are priced exclusive of UK Value Added Tax (VAT) and FOB UK. David Skyrme Associates is no longer registered for VAT so all transactions, both for UK customers and elsewhere are not subject to VAT. Physical goods will be dispatched by air mail or courier, and corresponding shipping charges levied at the time of transaction as shown against each product description. The Buyer is responsible for paying any local taxes or delivery charges levied in the country of destination.
6. Goods must be paid for in advance, either using the online credit card processing facilities, or by cheque or electronic transfer made payable to David Skyrme Associates Limited and made out in one of the three accepted currencies - UK pounds sterling, US Dollars or Euros, or by electronic transfer. An extra currency conversion charge (shown on the printed order form) is levied on all orders less than UK pounds 250 or equivalent for cheques or electronic transfers not in UK pounds.
7. On orders whose value is less than UKP 50, requests for pro-forma invoices, receipts and other documentation that must be generated manually will incur an additional adminstration charge, minimum UKP 10. Note - this charge is waived for arrangement made between the Seller and Buyer when online ordering facilities are not available.
8. Title of the goods remains with The Seller until such payments have been cleared. In the event of subsequent repudiation of payment by The Buyer's bank or paying agent, the title reverts to The Seller until any outstanding payment has been made in full.
9. For physical goods, the Seller warrants that they are dispatched in good condition, and within a reasonable time of placing the order. If, for any reason, they do not arrive or are damaged, we will supply a replacement, provided that you inform us within 14 days of ordering the goods or within 3 days of receipt (whichever is the sooner) and carry out any instructions we make regarding providing evidence of damage or non-delivery.
10. If for any other reason, you are not satisfied with the physical goods provided, you may return them to us at your expense, and provided they are in 'as new' resalable condition, we will refund your purchase price in full, less a handling charge (see Clause 14).
11. For downloadable files, if for any reason, the download does not work or you cannot read them properly, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org, giving details of the goods ordered, the problems encountered, and the transaction reference number, and we will send you further copies via email. Alternatively you may request us to post you a copy for an additional postage charge.
12. The goods provided contain copyright material. As a Buyer, you must respects the rights of the copyright holder, and seek appropriate permissions for copying or reproducing parts or all of the copyright material. Downloadable files may be photocopied in limited quantities (up to 25 copies) for the use of the Buyer, but must not be electronically copied or forwarded, redistributed outside the Buyer's organization, or placed on an internal intranet or elsewhere on the Internet, without our permissionn. In many of these situations an additional licence fee (e.g. site licence, reproduction licence) will be payable.
13. Although every effort is made to ensure accuracy and reliability in our publications and downloadable files, no warranty is made or implied accuracy, fitness for purpose, or that the written material complies with local laws. The Seller is not responsible for any consequences of actions or decisions taken by the Buyer on the basis of information supplied.
Returns and Refunds
14. Refunds are given for returned hard-copy goods that are in "as new" condition. Refunds for relevant items will also be given if we fail to dispatch them within 14 days of the order or the promised publication date (for those which are pre-sold or are part of a subscription). Shipping and handling charges (as specified, or the greater of 5 per cent or £25) will be deducted from your refund.
No returns can be accepted, or refunds given on downloadable files which can be read by The Buyer. However, refunds will be given for downloadable products if 1) The goods have not downloaded properly and we have not responded to your request to re-send within 7 working days; and 2) where multiple copies (rather than one) were ordered in error. In any case, except where it can be proved that the fault was ours alone, we will deduct a handling charge which is 5 (five) per cent of the value of refund or $2, whichever is the greater.
15. We want you to be totally satisfied with your purchases. If, for any reason, you are not, please contact us in the first instance via email (email@example.com) where we will try to resolves any areas of dissatisfaction. In the event of an unresolved dispute, an independent third party, mutually acceptable to both the Buyer and the Seller, shall act as an arbitrator. Arbitration shall take place in the United Kingdom.
For additional contact and business registration information click here.
If you have any queries at all about these terms, please do not hesitate to contact us for clarification before you complete your purchase.
Last updated: 19th February 2011