The Knowledge Management Assessment is a systematic analysis of your organization's current knowledge management capabilities. It assesses your current performance against world-class practice and
identifies critical areas for applying knowledge management.
The Knowledge Management Assessment provides a diagnosis of your current practices and a benchmark for improvement. Typical situations where it has proved useful are:
- at the start of a knowledge initiative e.g. following the creation of a knowledge team or teams
- following a corporate restructuring or strategic review
- after an initial phase of knowledge management activities where the benefits anticipated have not materialized
- during the integration phase of a merger or joint venture, where an overview of relevant capabilities is required
- for an annual independent review of an existing knowledge programme
As a result of our Knowledge Management Assessment, you will typically achieve the following benefits:
- a better understanding of the scope of a successful knowledge initiative
- insights into world-class knowledge management practice
- identification of your existing activities that are good exemplars of KM practice
- an independent evaluation of the capability and quality of your existing KM activities
- identification of opportunities to exploit organizational knowledge
- a clear indication of areas needing management attention.
Our proven approach is based on:
- Our in-depth understanding of the best knowledge initiatives world-wide
- An integrated approach that considers business strategy, technology, human and organizational factors
- Use of appropriate methods, tools and techniques
- Access to a world-wide network of knowledge specialists
- Excellent analysis and communications skills
- Proven experience in developing KM strategies
A Knowledge Management Assessment is often carried out in conjunction with a Knowledge Inventory or as part of a widerKnowledge Strategy
Development. Frequently our Knowledge Management in Practice Workshop provides an effective way of gathering information and ascertaining perspectives.
Typical activities include:
- Interviews with a cross-section of staff
- Diagnostic questionnaires and analysis
- Observation of activities and meetings
- Meetings with knowledge management team members
- Review of intranets and Internet
- Document review and analysis
Deliverables are tailored to client's requirements but typically include the following:
- Customized Assessment Questionnaires (more extensive versions of the Know-All assessment tool)
- Briefing notes and Guidelines on core Knowledge Management practices
- An Assessment 'radar chart', with sub-sets split by function, business, geography etc. as required
- Analysis and Report, including executive summary
- An Executive Presentation of the results.
To discuss your requirement in further detail please contact our principal consultant David Skyrme. Email: email@example.com. Tel: +44 1635 25 35 45.